Tuesday, September 8, 2009

August 24, 2009

Dear Fam,
Here you go Mommy Dearest……Thought I would finally write you a letter, today is the big 11 month mark. How cool is that? The big 1 year is pretty much here. I’m still 19, I’m in denial, as soon as I turn 20 next month I am an old man. So how is everyone doing? Kasey and Kurt doing well in school? Dad teaching going good? Kinsey and Robbie and kids still trucking? How about the WAX’s? Trent and Kari and the kids, Daisy, Trey and Ryyyyyyyland? I hope everyone is doing well. Well, life is great. Last week we were able to teach 33 discussions. Still rocking it! Tuesday I have another District meeting and then I am going on teamups all day long with the Bozeman Elders since they are in my District. So that will be fun. We will spend the night there and then stay the day in Bozeman for P-day! We don’t have any more baptismal dates as of yet. We had to drop a few people who just weren’t progressing. But we have this investigator we didn’t really know what to think of progression wise but he has come up to Church 2 weeks in a row and surprised us each week. (Digusting story next, ask Kathy for details if you want to be grossed out, but I’m not printing it!!!) Last weekend we went down to Gardiner Branch for Church. So we spent Saturday there in Gardiner, MT and Mammoth, WY which is in Yellowstone. I got to see the Hot Springs there. They are pretty neat looking. We stayed with a member inside the park. That was a lot of fun, too. We stayed in his ginormous house overlooking the Hot Springs. He is one of the Park Managers. So I talked a little about my interview with Pres. Gardner in my email. But as soon as I sat down he just went off for a long time about how when he was a kid he used to work behind a workhorse and the load they could carry was much greater than any other horse and they would exceed everyone else. He is like… you are the workhorse of the mission. You can carry the greatest burden and still exceed everybody else. It was really cool.
Well love you lots, Elder Hinton

No comments: