Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 24,2009

Dear Family,
Wow, I just got done with one of the most tiring days of my mission thus far. Sunday I got transferred to Livingston, MT. I cover Livingston Ward, Gardiner Branch (which is right pretty much in Yellowstone Park) and the Big Timber Branch. President made me Senior companion to greenie Elder Lunham. So I got to Livingston and kinda unpacked my stuff and we weekly planned then went and had two lessons. The numbers for the week reset after Sunday so I was pretty much going into a fresh week. We are supposed to have 15 lessons and 3 new investigators each week. Well Monday rolled around and I got up at 6 o’clock and we went running down by the river. It is amazingly beautiful here and later this week we will be taking a trip down to Gardiner to see some potentials and I can’t wait. We have a brand spanking new 2009 Chevy Colorado I get to drive.

Wednesday’s we will drive into Bozeman or take the train, one or the other. The reason I am so tired is that Monday we were able to teach 7 lessons and we also found a solid family and they committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We are way stoked. We set a goal of 30 lessons this week. If we reach that we will be the third highest teachers in the history of the mission since President Fisher has been here. But more important than numbers we have some solid people we have found that will be baptized here soon. President goes home on July 1st, that’s pretty much in a week. It will be weird to have a new President but it will be a good experience. Oh I’m backtracking, but when I got transferred to Livingston I got to drive 2010 Ford Fusion here, it was fun so I didn’t have to ride on the big bus. Oh ya and the mail, you can just keep sending all my tons of mail you send (wink, wink) to the mission home and they will forward it to me. Elder Lunham is tight, he has only been out 2 transfers so I will break him in nice and easy. Haha

One of these days I will send you all some pictures. Maybe on p-day when we are in Bozeman I will print a ton off and mail them. I will also see if the computers we use will allow me to upload any photos.

Love, Elder Kyler Hinton

No comments: