Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wed. Oct. 22, 2008

Dear Family,
So we tract a lot and we have a full time car wooot but we only have a certain amount of miles to cover our large area of Sheridan, Twin Bridges, Laurin, Virginia City, Nevada City, Whitehall, Silver Star, and about 12 other tiny blink of the eye towns. It is getting chilly it snowed all yesterday. WE get up in the morning and run and it hurts because u can’t breathe and the wind pierces the skin. They say pretty soon it will be negative temperatures haha. Well I have not received any letters while out in the field yet because being in this new area we did not have a PO Box we just set up yesterday and they sent us our
mail so we should be getting it today or tomorrow. You can send mail to the mission home and they will forward it to me but if u send packages u have to send them priority. But my address well my PO box is: PO BOX 704 Sheridan, MT 59749-0704 But ya we are getting the work going the first weekend was rough lots of tracting and no lessons but monday we taught 5 lessons and yesterday we were on team ups with the district leaders and we tracted a ton. We had our first baptism Last saturday we kind of walked into it which was funny but mine and elder Hansen's names get the credit haha. Lots of people are very interested and
the members are overjoyed to finally have missionaries. Hopefully we will have time to write some letters and i can get them mailed off to people that is if we have time in between our games of Risk, Monopoly and Basketball. just kidding. But ya it is starting to get extremely cold but the scenary out here is unbelievable. We see at least 20 deer daily. I was within 5 feet of one before it took off....Mission president says to not try and pet them but I am a rebel. We have to stop a ton on the roads and wait for packs of deer to bound across. We
always try and get behind a semi so he can demolish them so we don’t have to worry. So ya what else do you want to know. Gonna read a couple of other letters here real quick and will email u more if i have the time.

Tell everyone I’d send them replies with emails but mission president says I’m not allowed so I will write letters. Tons of CRAZY HEATHENS here in Montana haha. but we have listened to some crazy people while here and we put them in there place haha. One guy told me he was saved because he was 75 years old and he was still a virgin I told him congratulations and he should now wait for the millenium. but anyways I have to run gotta check the mail, wash the car and play risk muahahahhaha. I will write as much as I can to catch people up today but ya until next week oh ya, pictures - it’s not working yet if I have to when we go into Butte I might print them off then send them home will figure it out as soon as I can.
Love ya all,
ELder Kyler Wayne Hinton

Note From Mom: We got a letter in the mail that he wrote the first day from the mission home. He flew into Billings in a small plane and it was all white when he arrived there. He thinks the Mission President and wife are awesome. He says he can only e-mail one person so Heningers and Sorensens you will have to e-mail what you want to your boys from Kyler’s letters. He says he can go to the Billings Temple every six weeks if he is within 120 miles! That’s the scoop. Kathy

No comments: