Monday, September 29, 2008

Kyler's First Letter!

9/25/08

Dear Mom and Dad and the rest of the fam,

I do not get a P-day this week but usually P-day would be on Thursday. I’ve got pretty well settled with 3 other elders who also are headed to Billings. Elder Clouse is my companion. Hopefully these 3 weeks go by as quick as possible because I want to get up in Montana. We have an early night tonight so we can write home since we will have a regular day tomorrow instead of a P-day which is a bummer since I will probably only get to the temple once or twice. Hey Mom I thought we had an agreement of no crying. But it will be alright you will have no one to keep you entertained now. Well my flight went alright when I landed Stacey found me right when I came down the escalators and my 2 bags were the first ones out of the baggage claim so it went quickly. We then proceeded to Stacey’s mother-in-laws (Mark’s parents house) and Stacey put Emily to sleep. We then drove over and picked Mark up from work and met Kevin at Chuck-a-rama. Mark wouldn’t let me pay either. Kevin then dropped me off at the MTC where I dropped my baggage off and then went inside where I received my name tag and a bunch of different items such as my blue card which gets my food and into my room, etc. Aunt Lucinda and the 2 girls met me at the room and we went into the orientation together. I gave Lucinda the address for me at the MTC. After the 1st orientation was done all family got booted out and we went through a bunch of different lines and received many different missionary items. We then went and sat in our rooms and kind of settled in till about 3:30 where we had a long drawn out orientation. Then we had dinner. THEY HAVE SODA!!! I saw Granger Haviland, we talked for a while then we broke off in a branch and I am branch 53 with 7 other elders and we had a few quick interviews and given a quick lesson. From today at the MTC I hope the next 3 weeks go quick. I depart Oct. 14th. Well I need to have companion inventory and go to bed. Peace Dogs!

Love, Kyler Hinton, The Flippen Missionary Yeah!

Save this so I have a Journal LOL

No comments: